Halloween 09

Lexus was a orange witch this year for Halloween. She had so much fun. There were so many kids out it reminded me of trick or treating in Richmond, Ut. There were kids everywhere. We bought 8 bags of candy and we got rid of almost every last piece. It was unbelievable. Jeremy told me it was going to be that way but I am so used to not getting any trick or treaters because everyone has gone to the whole trunk or treat thing. It was so much fun though. We were only out for about an hour and she filled up half of her candy bag and it wasn't a little bag. I hate having all the candy in the house though because I want to eat it all.
Lexus was so tired because she was up at 4 in the morning that day so when we got home she was so tried she went right to bed. So Jeremy and I watched horror movies all night.

For Lexy's costume we had to improvise because her costume had no sleeves and it was going to be chilly out and she did not want to have to wear her coat. So Jeremy saw that I threw some old tights of Lexy's in the garbage because they were holy in the feet. He being so brilliant he told me we could cut the feet out and make a jacket thing out of them. So he did all the cutting and came up with the sleeves that she is wearing. It is the same as her tights so everything came together really nice.


This last week my cousin Jen came to study at St. Olaf college so she stayed with us and we got to meet her little girl Abby. It was so nice catching up with her. I haven't seen her in 4 years. We had so much fun with Abby she is 20 months and very busy. I tried to baby proof the house before she came but when they got here and she was all over the stuff I thought was fine I realized I did not do a good job baby proofing. I haven't had a baby in the house for a long time. I kind of forget everything because I don't have any little ones running around anymore. So while Jen was at the school I got to watch Abby. I loved every minute of it. It made me want to have another little one roaming around our house. But I know we are not ready to have one just yet. With Jeremy just starting his job.


Lexus loved playing with Abby. It was good for her to see how it will be when we do have one. She saw that she was not the center of attention. I had to put all my time into making Abby happy and making sure she wasn't getting into anything.
We finally got a kitchen table and chairs this weekend. It has not been fun eating on the coffee table. So when we got it we went out and bought seat covers for the chairs and a table runner. It has made everything so much nicer in the kitchen.

1 Comments:
Holy crap. I cannot believe you bought that many bags of candy and got rid of it all. My mominlaw buys like, 3 bags of candy, and still has most of it left (not after I visit, of course). I miss the days of seeing kids running wild and crazy all over the place. Blasted trunk or treats. I cannot get over how gorgeous and old Lexus is! She looks just like her hot momma!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home