My Photo
Name:
Location: Northfield, Minnesota, United States

I just got married to Jeremy Braun and moved to Northfield, Mn from Logan, Ut. I have a beatiful daughter who is six and going to be in first grade this year, how time flies.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lake Superior weekend!!


We went to Lake Superior this past weekend, it is the largest fresh water lake in the world. It is amazing how large it is. You can't see the other side so it looks like the ocean when you stand on the shore. While we were up there we went to Gooseberry Falls. You hike up to the falls and there are 4 waterfalls. Jeremy said that the falls usually have a lot more water running through than what we saw. But it was still pretty to see all of them and walk around right by the falls.


This picture was taken when we were at the 4th falls and we looked out and we could see Lake Superior off in the distance I thought it would be a cool picture.


Lexus had a blast walking around the falls and posing and taking pictures. She slipped in right when we got there so she was soaking wet the whole day. But after she got wet she wasn't affraid to get wet so she just walked around in the water and right in the falls area.




Lexus and I are standing on top of the 3rd waterfall. There is usually rushing water where we were standing so it was really cool to get that close and personal.








Lexus loved crawling around the roots growing out of the rock from the trees. She was acting like a tiger or something while she was climbing around. It was so cute!











This was such a fun trip, I would recommend going up to Lake Superior some time in a life time it is so pretty and just amazing a lake can be that big. The weather on the other hand was a little unpredictable. When we first got their it was cloudy and it looked like it was going to rain but when we got to the falls the sun came out and it got really warm out. But when we were leaving the clouds came back and cooled off. But we all still had so much fun! That is one nice thing about moving to a new state there is always something to do because I have never done anything around here. Jeremy is always getting us out and around the state almost every weekend. This next weekend we are going to an apple orchard and going to spend the day there and drink hot apple cider and pick apples, go on a hay ride and all sorts of fun stuff.
Lexus is doing really good in school. She comes home and says she had a good day. She says that there are two girls in her class that are mean to her though. One of them actually punched her in the stomach. What's up with that? I remember 1st grade and everyone was friends with everyone. No one was getting beat up or saying you weren't cool enough to hang out. I am so scared for Lexus and her generation. As for me I am still at home doing the home mom thing. It gets boring sometimes but worth it. I have applied at a few different places but they are only hiring in the evening and I can not do that. My money would just go towards baby sitters.
Jeremy starts his new job in a week and so he will be traveling again and will only be home on the weekends. I am sad that I won't get to see him every day but I understand he was not happy working at his old job and his new job is what he is so good at and what he went to school for.
Well that's what new in my life for right now. I am sure next week will be really hard for me. I might be an emotional wreck. But we did this the whole time I we were together I can do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home